We need the signed Commitment Cards returned to the EAW by this Friday, September 9th!
AS you know, we handed out thousands of cards at the DCU Center on August 26th. While we got some back immediately, the majority of cards are still out there.
There were some members who offered to collect them on the busses. If you have them, please call the EAW and we will pick them up.
If you need more cards, call the EAW and we will drop them off (and pick them up). Please let us know what works for you.
WE HAVE CLOSE TO 3,000 MEMBERS! OUR COLLECTIVE VOICE NEEDS TO BE HEARD
Electronic voting for the 2016-19 Board of Directors will take place in a seven-day window — April 25 – May 2.
Election report will be Monday, May 2.
If a ballot vote, then counting will be April 27.[ Read More ]
It’s that time of year again! Have you wanted to get more involved in the Union? The EAW elections are coming up shortly. If you WANT to run, you CAN run for any position on the Board of Directors.
The positions (and the stipends for each) are:
- President: $11,000
- First Vice President: 3-way dues refund
- Second Vice President: 3-way dues refund
- Treasurer: $7,000
- Recording Secretary: $1,500
- Elementary Chair: 3-way dues refund
- Middle School Chair: 3-way dues refund
- Senior High Chair: 3-way dues refund
- Administrative Chair: 3-way dues refund
- ESP Chair: 3-way dues refund
- Vocational Chair: 3-way dues refund
If you would like to run, all you need to do is submit your intent to run and your 50-word bio to the EAW by 3/4. Ask you building delegate for the forms, or call or email the office. [ Read More ]
DO NOT SIGN UP FOR AN SEI COURSE!!!!!
It has been brought to our attention that non-Core Academic teachers have been notified that they need to sign up for the SEI endorsement. We have seen the email reminders.
We inquired with the district, and here is what we were told:
- Only core content area teachers need the endorsement
- Worcester still has approximately 300 core academic teachers who did not receive a slot in one of the free classes. This is due to the state not offering enough slots.
- The district is in the process of applying to be an SEI provider through DESE.
- There are providers in the area that are charging around $600.00 for the course. French Hill is one of them.
DO NOT PAY FOR AN SEI COURSE!!!!!!!!! [ Read More ]