We met with the district this past Friday. Nancy Caswell and Patty Domenick participated in the conversation with the Superintendent, Jennifer Boulais (HR) and Rob Pezzella (Safety Officer).
- Participation in ALICE is not mandatory but strongly suggested.
- Participation/training will be done during regular work hours. The superintendent will inform principals that they need to provide the time. It will likely be offered to IA’s during Monday meeting time. Others may be offered the time during meeting time as well.
- The software used to participate is COPsync. The Worcester Police Department is participating in this program in conjunction with the WPS.
- The software has been purchased for the high schools and middle schools so far.
- You will be getting information from the district that will say it “expects participation”, but it is NOT mandatory per our meeting on Friday.
Please be in touch with any further questions.
Hope this is helpful.
Roger and Beth